El Kahir Shrine Temple
The El Kahir Shrine Temple was constructed in 1927 by the Shriners to serve the Cedar Rapids community. The school district used the building for events. By the end of the depression the Temple was converted for use as the National Guard Armory. The Guard moved out in 1968 and the building was demolished using urban renewal funds.
Click on each photo below to view additional images and information.