Stevens Hotel, Chicago
Opening in 1927, the Stevens Hotel was designed by Chicago architects Holabird & Roche for the father of future Supreme Count Justice John Paul Stevens. The Stevens was the largest hotel in the world in 1927, with more than 3,000 rooms adorned with these doorknobs on every door. After World War Two the hotel became the Chicago Hilton, and remains a prime property facing Grant Park and Lake Michigan.
Click on each photo below to view additional images and information.